Pieces of Hayles

Friday, April 22, 2011

Baby Shower Pressie....

When I found out I was going to be an Aunty again, I really wanted to make something special for my little brother and my SIL for their first little bub!! So while talking to them about decorating the bubs room, they said they were going with a neutral colour and bird theme.....I remembered coming across a project Anthea had featured on one of her blog posts awhile back and knew I wanted to do somethimg similar!!

So anyways I picked up this picture at IKEA (totally LOVE this place!!) for a measly $10 mind you I broke the glass halfway through the project and had to make another trip to get another one....what a shame that was ! LOL

I pulled the back off and used the original pictures as a guide.



I have used a mixture of old and new My Minds Eye papers, they are such a thick PP and perfect for the project and I also mounted the owls on Black CS so they stood out a bit more.



for this larger owl I added the branch, plus some leaves and those mulberry flowers and the doily on its belly is from Purple Pumpkin!

Now I just have to figure out how to get it to Brisbane safely, I am hoping they will let me take it as hand luggage, otherwise I am sure it will break if I have to check it in!

1 comments:

Belinda said...

Oh what a gorgeous present !! They are going to love it. Love those beautiful owls.

Post a Comment